The Traveler was designed by the Six Moon Designs - Skunk Works over a two year period. Its concept originated from a trip Six Moon Designs founder Ron Moak took along the famed Camino de Santiago in northern Spain. This route is traveled by tens of 1000's pilgrims each year. However, most people carried packs designed more strictly for backcountry use. In addition to travel on the Camino, we traveled 10's thousands of miles on both international and domestic flights. We wanted to ensure that the pack would work well under conditions any world traveler might likely expect.
Most importantly, The Traveler needed to comfortably carry any load people might demand. Work well in the many Alburges and Hotels people stay in along their journey. Plus it needed to be comfortable as people traveled great distances to by plane, trains and buss to the remote start of the Camino.
Key to the development of the Traveler was to make sure that it maintained it's comfort when the occasion requires one to carry heavy loads. It also needed to transition easily to a travel pack that helps one to comfortable negotiate airports.
Unlike normal backpacks, all of the important outside pockets on the Traveler are fully zippered with waterproof zippers. This provides for greater security and minimizes the loss of valuable gear.
The Front Panel opens up fully to provide access to a padded notebook/tablet pocket. Along with a number of additional pockets to hold maps, passports and other miscellaneous items. The Traveler becomes a virtual office that allows you to work anywhere in the world.
The Traveler is a panel loading pack. This provides easy access to all of your gear without having to dig through the top of the pack to locate something at the bottom. The Traveler is unique compared to traditional Panel Loaders because instead of opening from the front it open from the rear. This allows you to lay the pack flat and flip the harness out of your way. Making it easier to locate and organize your gear.
The harness layout of The Traveler has been modified to make it easier to configure for travel. The hip belt is easily removable and can be stored inside of your pack when not needed. The shoulder straps can easily be restrained to keep them out of the way. A convenient handle on the side of the pack makes carrying it through security easier.
- Compatible with loading in overhead compartments on airlines
- Panel Loading from the rear. Keeps the harness out of your way
- Large front pocket with padded laptop/tablet pocket
- Multiple interior front pockets for enhanced organization
- Zippered side pockets for security
- Easily removable hip belt for traveling airline configuration
- Tie downs for Shoulder straps to keep them contained
- Luggage handle for easy carrying
- Shoulder Strap pockets
- Advanced internal suspension easily supports all loads
- Waterproof zippers on all outside pockets
- Minimal contact Back Panel
- Dual Density Hip Belt
- Adjustable Torso Length
- 210 High Tenacity Nylon Robic tm fabric
- Load lifter’s
- Sternum Strap
- Multiple Hip Belt Sizes in four Sizes
- Multiple Shoulder Yoke Sizes with four Sizes and Styles
- Torso Sizes 15"-22"
- Dimensions- 14"W x 8"D x 22"T
- Color- Grey
- Pack Body is 210 Nylon
- Bag Weight is 43 ounces (Total weight 63 ounces)